Friday, June 01, 2007

Fear not my faithful readers, we did not actually have to go to the hospital yesterday. I toughed it out with about 12 hours of irregular (and annoying) braxton-hicks type fun. The contractions abated, for the most part, around 6pm last night and today I feel a lot better.

Not that I've done anything. I was planning on sleeping in this morning, but Petey had his own daily to-do list that involved playing with an errant twistie tie on the bed using my legs as hidey spots to pounce on said twistie. While H was in the shower. Then he decided he must must must jump repeatedly into the crib which he have put together next to the bed. This could have partially been my fault as the third time I tossed his twistie tie off the bed, I may or may not have thrown it in the crib. my eyes were closed. I cannot be responsible.

But now that he knows he can get in the crib this is a thing of joy and much planning. currently he is not speaking to me in retaliation for the yelling and kitten-tossing that crib jumping incurs.

Right, so back to what I have accomplished. Well, I've managed to not get dressed for the past two days. Yup, it's 2:30pm and I am in my nightgown typing this bad boy from bed. I read the paper and 2 million blogs. and took a nap.

what's left on my to-do list? make a grocery list and sort through coupons. take a shower. get my nails done.

what a life of leisure I lead, I'm sure you're thinking. I also find it funny that I'm clipping coupons and paying someone to paint my nails. the sad truth is that I haven't had a pedicure since my wedding and I can no longer reach my feet to even take off the hideous polish that's there, let alone clip my talon-like toenails. It's becoming absurd.

So that's about it for Friday. I did however, read a hilarious post on Crazy Aunt Purl's about her enormous purse woes. For kicks I got off the bed and got my ginormous bag (courtesy of f.fanny) and will now list it's contents. Feel free to comment back with your own wacky purse (or in Brother Fi's case, man-purse) antics.

In my bag:
  • big red wallet
  • palm pilot
  • cell phone
  • wireless earbud
  • 3 napkins from different fast food establishments
  • reciept for panera lunch
  • driver's license (floating freely. don't ask, I don't know why)
  • reciept from AC Moore
  • Burt's Bees lipstick
  • prescription sunglasses in large orange case
  • 7 Splenda packets
  • blue pen
  • packet of facial blotting tissue
  • black makeup bag (contents of which strangely do not include makeup. But does have:
  • protein bar
  • blister bandaid
  • inhaler
  • 2 different lip glosses
  • 2 chapsticks
  • 2 lollipops
  • 4 crayons from TGI Fridays
  • pill case of assorted drugs (tylenol, allergy pills, aciphex, zantac, and what i think are 2 xanax)
  • 3 sugar packets
  • 3 more splenda packets
  • 4 bandaids
  • purple pen
  • mechanica pencil
  • roll of tums
  • mini tape measure
  • swiss army knife
  • hair band
  • trial size hand lotion

Well, I gotta tell ya, I'm a little embarrassed and no, I will not tell you what's in my wallet. that's a whole other list of insanity. Please let someone be as crazy as me... I know for a fact that f.fanny carries her dog in a purse. that's got to be worse. right?

3 comments:

Eva said...

Glad you didn't have to go to the hospital.

Did I tell you that my MFM (who is very old school) told me that if I have contractions, I should have a glass of wine. If they go away, it's BH and nothing to worry about. I did not use this as free license to get drunk every night, but once in a while I did have a few sips of wine, and sometimes it did tame my contractions. And hey, nothing like being told by your doctor to drink when you're pregnant.

I don't know if this is better or worse than your crazy purse, but I no longer carry a purse, just a diaper bag. To work. To lunch. To meetings. And you can imagine the contents of that. But it also includes my cell phone, camera, and wallet, so when my husband tries to go somewhere with the diaper bag, I freak out.

Jeanne The Queen said...

This is the exact reason that H got his own diaper bag. It's very macho and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to carry around 82 tubes of lip gloss along with 90 bazillion diapers and baby toys.

Fanny said...

You leave me and my dog alone!!!!

and your little cat too!!

Muhahahahahah