Friday, August 17, 2007

big shots for big girls

well, the shots went surprisingly well yesterday. Both girls screamed for the minute they got the shots and then promptly went to sleep on H's shoulder and stayed asleep until the tylenol wore off. at which point I nursed both and drugged them right back up with more tylenol.

Today brother Fi is here and they've been angelic. sleeping in between all feedings and going for a good 3 1/2 - 4 hours in between. Heaven. Now if they would only keep that up... I have a feeling it's short lived and due mostly to them being tired from the vaccinations.

It's 11pm and I am headed to bed. H and Brother Fi are watching tv and babies. I think I will shut the booby bar for the night and let them have their bottle feeds overnight. maybe I will get some sleep... highly doubtful.

tomorrow is my birthday party. I will be 30 on Monday. Oy. I will officially be in my 30's with two kids. double oy.

3 comments:

Kerry Lynn said...

Happy birthday! I hope you are able to get some sleep. I know even when I'm "off duty" I still hear them cry and I never get good sleep.

Eva said...

Glad the shots went pretty well.

Happy birthday. Mine is coming soon as well (same day as the babes!), but it's a bigger number. 30's with 2 kids is really not so bad. Hope you get to celebrate.

Stacie said...

I'm glad the shots went well. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!